Renewal of lease deed

I am staying a house for lease for the period of 3 years also made proper document for that. Is there any renewals for that Lease document whether I should do yearly? Or is that mandatory for Lease document? Because the owner of the house having some dispute with in a family I have a doubt that my lease money may get trouble. It is a doubt only not sure. I want to take care of my money. On my part am I want to take any precautions for that or the lease document is enough to manage. That lease document made when I shifted to the home. Regarding this please do the needful. Thank you.

Answers (1)

186 votes

As the lease agreement is for a period of 3 years, you do not need to enter into any renewals/extensions in this 3 year time period. At the end of the 3 years, you will have to enter into an agreement to extend the term of the tenancy.

With regards to your question regarding safeguarding the security deposit, the lease document would be sufficient proof to base a claim for recovery of the security deposit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."