Remedy against landlord's refusal to return tenant's lease money

Dear Sir/Madam, I took a house for lease for 2 years for 7 lakhs. The lease contract period actually ends on 11 May 2018. I duly notified the landlord on Oct 2017 itself that I would like to vacate at the earliest. However, till date the landlord does not seem to show interest to give me the confidence that he would return the money latest by 11 or 12 May 2018 nor does he tell by when he would give. Please advise as to what legal action can one tenant take in such a situation. Thank you so much!

Answers (1)

340 votes

Sir, if he will not repay the advance amount, even after notice, after expiry of statutory time as per notice, if do not want to continue, you can file suitable case for recovery of deposit amount with interest, if there is lawful lease agreement with you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."