Remedy against landlord's refusal to return tenant's lease money

Dear Sir/Madam, I took a house for lease for 2 years for 7 lakhs. The lease contract period actually ends on 11 May 2018. I duly notified the landlord on Oct 2017 itself that I would like to vacate at the earliest. However, till date the landlord does not seem to show interest to give me the confidence that he would return the money latest by 11 or 12 May 2018 nor does he tell by when he would give. Please advise as to what legal action can one tenant take in such a situation. Thank you so much!

Sir, if he will not repay the advance amount, even after notice, after expiry of statutory time as per notice, if do not want to continue, you can file suitable case for recovery of deposit amount with interest, if there is lawful lease agreement with you.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers