Procedure to transfer father's property in son's name which was rented

We have a house in Andheri(w) My dad used to stay and then he rented. He passed away this May and before that he had done a gift deed to me . Now the transfer process has started in my name. Society has all information and they have passed to collector office. New agreement will expire this Nov. We want to continue with same renter. So my questions 1) since the flat is not yet completely transferred can I do the agreement on the basis of this gift deed? 2)I am USA citizen and have OCI card as we do not need adhar card 3)can this OCI card be used for registration of the agreement 4)can the registration be done online . How reliable is it ?

Yes certainly you can enter into a leave and licence agreement with the existing licensee provided your gift deed is registered and by operation of law you have become the owner by virtue of the gift deed.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers