Procedure to transfer father's property in son's name which was rented

We have a house in Andheri(w) My dad used to stay and then he rented. He passed away this May and before that he had done a gift deed to me . Now the transfer process has started in my name. Society has all information and they have passed to collector office. New agreement will expire this Nov. We want to continue with same renter. So my questions 1) since the flat is not yet completely transferred can I do the agreement on the basis of this gift deed? 2)I am USA citizen and have OCI card as we do not need adhar card 3)can this OCI card be used for registration of the agreement 4)can the registration be done online . How reliable is it ?

Answers (1)

63 votes

Yes certainly you can enter into a leave and licence agreement with the existing licensee provided your gift deed is registered and by operation of law you have become the owner by virtue of the gift deed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."