Payment asked by upper flat owner to remove leakage in flat

hello sir/ madam I'm living in navi Mumbai I have a leakage problem in my flat from last 6 year. many times I complained to society & owner of above flat about this. now she is ready to do . is it compulsory to pay her 50% for doing that work? please reply asap thanking you

Answers (1)

223 votes

Hi Client, its strange such problems exists and the flat owners where leakage exists are not feeling responsible enough to do anything to it. It is the duty of society to resolve the issue and is bound to ask the upper floor resident / member to co-operative in getting it repaired. Then the society is to give notice to both the members and engage a professional contractor to repair the toilet and recover the cost of the repairs from upper flat owner. However if still no action is taken by the society and the issue is being ignored, you can take up this matter before the Additional Mumbai Suburban District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum by filing a complaint.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."