Payment asked by upper flat owner to remove leakage in flat

hello sir/ madam I'm living in navi Mumbai I have a leakage problem in my flat from last 6 year. many times I complained to society & owner of above flat about this. now she is ready to do . is it compulsory to pay her 50% for doing that work? please reply asap thanking you

Hi Client, its strange such problems exists and the flat owners where leakage exists are not feeling responsible enough to do anything to it. It is the duty of society to resolve the issue and is bound to ask the upper floor resident / member to co-operative in getting it repaired. Then the society is to give notice to both the members and engage a professional contractor to repair the toilet and recover the cost of the repairs from upper flat owner. However if still no action is taken by the society and the issue is being ignored, you can take up this matter before the Additional Mumbai Suburban District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum by filing a complaint.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers