Landlord Refuses to Vacant the shop

my mother have showroom in Una (HP). Our financial condition is not good and we want to sell the showroom. but tenent refuses to vacant the shop. he is paying only 3700 pm and be there from last 35 years . pls suggest what legal action may i take againt him . my mother is widow and having no source of income as well. and living on rent in chandigarh.

Answers (1)

152 votes

This is a common issue of Legal field. You can file an HRP Suit in the Court with Local Jurisdiction on the Ground of BONAFIDE requirement first and than you van sale your Showroom. Generally such suits takes years to be decided, however as you said your mother having no source of income and if at all she is of senior citizen age the Honorable Court can also expedite this suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."