Landlord isn't accepting rent since 4 years and I am staying in pagadi

I'm staying here since 24 years in pagdi system, landlord isn't accepting rent since 4 years because the rooms are in my brother's name and I'm using it. My brother keeps visiting me sometimes, but I'm the one who is permanently using it. I have sent him cheque via post, but he isn't depositing the rent. What should I do?

Just wait for notice of demand from landlord. If notice is received by your brother, u may send a reply through ur brother along with rent by cheque and explaining that u r part of tenants family and living with them. U must ensure that rent b paid in 90 days from the date of receipt of demand notice

Mr. Queriest please mentioned complete detail of your property perhaps You can deposit the rent into the court by filing proper suit and also you can issue notice to him stating that you are will to pay the rent as per your brother instructions. For detail please give call

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers