queslandlord deducting security as notice not given

I took a flat on rent; the agreement starting from 12th June, 2014; for a period of 11 months. It was agreed by both the parties that notice period of 1 month to be given in written and rent of 1 month to be deducted from security deposit while vacating the flat.

Current situation - We continued living there till 30th May 2015. Thus making it 11 months and 18 days. But our owner is deducting 1 month of rent for painting charges as well as 15 days rent as we didn't give notice period. I think the agreement is terminated by efflux of time and we should not give the extra 15 days rent. Also, what if we have paid entire 30 days rent of May 2015 month also. Should the owner deduct any amount from security deposit?

What are the legal steps that can be taken by us as tenants to prevent such injustice.

  • ansYou can ask him to give your security deposit back first in good terms. Since you were to give a notice before evicting and you didn't give you need to pay 15 days rent only and not more. In case of painting charges you need to pay as mentioned in agreement. If not written don't pay.

    Issue a legal notice and then file a case for getting back your amount and a criminal case for the same.

  • Send Legal Notice For Tenant Eviction With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Landlord/Tenant Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

We've been living in a house with a pagadi system for the last 60 years…
The 11 months agreement with tenant has expired on 07-11-2016 and we have not renewed…
Hello i was living in a rented flat one month ago and shifted to new…
Sir, The electricity connection is in name of tenant and some electricity dues are still…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>