Is landlord responsibility to clear dues after tenants death

My father passed away a year ago. There is a pending eviction suit for his office premise. Now the owner has made me as LR and asked to settle the 2 year rent and vacate the office as terms of settlement. I have offered to vacate the office premise after my father's death, but the owner is insisting I also clear the 2 year dues. I am not a partner in my father's business and the office is locked since my father's death. The judge has also offered to send the case to Lok Adalat Am I legally responsible for clearing the dues?

When your father is a tenant and during pendency of eviction suit if ur father demised though u r not partner in business then how u can claim the left over assets of ur father, so when u have the right to claim assets of ur father business u r under obligation as a legal heir of ur father to clear the debts including arrears of rent

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers