How to get a property vacated if tenant refuses

I have a shop in Kolkata which is in salami.The bill is in the name of my father and my grandfather.In 2012 my father and my grandfather has done a leave and licensed agreement with a third party after taking a verbal permission from the landlord. The contract was of 36 month, on expire of 36 month my father had verbal contract with the 3rd party again for 36 month, all this time my father gave him a receipts of licence fee.Now the verbal contract also came to an end on 31.03.2018 Now wen we r Asking him 2 vacant the space is not dng He is Showing his political power and money Kindly suggest me what are my father rights Wat are the legal complications

Answers (1)

348 votes

Firstly the leave and license agreement for more than 11 months and if not registered, the the agreement will be treated as tenancy agreement. And the tenant can be vacated by the due process of law. So, legally, the case is in his side.
You have to take the legal process.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."