Disconnection of Water Supply due to non payment of Maintenance

My society association have disconnected water supply due to non payment of Maintenance dues. The issue is that the amount i am being charged as penalty is very Huge. Despite the fact that i had made payments prior which has not reflected, and some disputes with regards to the penalty being charged. I tried to reach out to the accountant which is always not available. Since now they have disconnected my water supply what are my options.

Answers (2)

185 votes

You can proceed to file a police complaint and case in civil court for such malacious act. The society cannot terminate your water or electricity connection for non payment of maintenance amount. They can max file a civil suit for non payment of dues! Proceed with legal action against the society and its office bearers! Contact me for further help!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

169 votes

so arrangement all society member. then after discuss this issue. in that view you say that you are President I am all payments due already pay then why you are disconnected my water supply and I am penalty charged is very big

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."