Disconnection of electric current by landlord

I am in a legal dispute with my landlord and the case is in court.my landlord forcefully shifted the electric submeter in my room to his room in 2013 and didnot ask for electric rent and refused to give me electric bill from 2013.in 2013,i also deposited a cheque of rs 10000 as electric bill in court which he refused to accept.now he disonnected electric current and demanded rs 100000 as electric bill from 2013..is that legal..what actions can i take as without submeter in my room how can i know the true reading?

Answers (1)

330 votes

Have you any tenancy agreement? If yes then read the terms and conditions of the said agreement. If no agreement then collect the consumer number from the said electricity bill and search the bill amount from apdcl website or from the electricity board. Asked the landlord to show the bill amount and collect a copy in written then consult with a lawyer.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Can Flat Association disconnect water supply due to non-payment of maintenance charges? Association Members are threatening to do so…

Read More

My tenant moved in a month back. He is causing a continuous harassment to me and my POA. We have 6 month lock in and he has stayed for one month till …

Read More

Hello, So a company A has leased a shop to a company B. The contract specifically bars subleasing. Can the company B form a partnership with company C…

Read More

If a lady is living in an apt owned by an NRI sister, not paying any rent can the society ask for extra maintainance…

Read More