Deposit not returned by landlord as left shop before agreement period

Hello sir , I am from Warangal. My case is about security deposit on commercial space for rent. In October 2017 I signed an agreement for commercial lease. It says that the agreement is valid for 1 year on security deposit of rupees 1 lakh . But unfortunately I closed shop after 3 months in January 2018 ( one year not year not yet over) for various reasons. When I asked my landlord for my security deposit back , he said he will give money back in 3 months. When I ask after 3 months he is not giving money . So, now I kindly request you to suggest me what to do legally.

You did not specify about the conditions of agreement. Secondly whether the security deposit was paid by you in cash or by way of any demand draft or cheque. Finally you are at liberty to issue a legal notice to your opponent under due process of law.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers