quesCan landlord ask me to vacate flat after tenure is over

I've been living on rent with a Leave & Licence Agreement notarised licence between the owner and myself for 36 months. Is the agreement to be registered? The rent is paid only in cash and no receipt is issued. The flat owner is an employee of the Central Government. The increase in rent is 10% after completion of 12 months. Can the Flat Owner ask me to vacate the flat after completion of 36 months?

  • ansIt is a legal requirement to get the rent agreement registered. Because the term of tenancy is for 36 months, hence the flat owner can ask you to vacate the flat after completion of the said period.

    In order to get the premises vacated, the flat owner needs to file a case before the court, as you are paying the rent in cash and not getting any receipts for it. This may pose a problem for you to prove that you had been regular in paying the rent before the court of law.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Landlord/Tenant lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have a very old tenant ,who is there from my grandfathers time, so obviously…
I am staying in a rented ,pagdi flat since 1965. in Mumbai, My landlady is…
I have a field and I want to remove the name of the tenent how…
Hi, I am staying in  for 4 months as a tenant. In that home have…

Landlord/Tenant Lawyers in India

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Ujwal Phasate

  Kukde Lay Out
 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Rajat Joseph

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 15 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly