can any one tell me the procedure of how to rent out mhada house

We have a mhada house allotted to my father in 2012 now we want to rent out this house, can anyone tell me step by step procedure to rent out our house, any special permissions to be taken or something else, i actually came across some article stating that mhada has lifted the rent out ban in 2013,i have attached some links for reference.

Answers (1)

329 votes

This is my response to you:
1. You cannot sell the flat for the lock-in period but you can rent it out;
2. If you make a 11 month rent agreement then you are not bound to register the same;
3. You can take an NOC from the authority of MHADA and rent out the flat;
4. Consult a local lawyer for better understanding.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."