Brother not allowing to do construction on the joint property

Hi, My father died in yr 2010 with one house left without any will.later we as family of 6 siblings 3 sis and 3 brothers decided to release the house in name of 3 brothers with the intent to stay together. Now property is in name of 3 brothers among which one brother is holding all documents with him not allowing us to either construct or either sell. Please advise

Answers (1)

257 votes

Sine the property in the name of 3 brothers. All the documents original with your bother. You can approach police to release the documents from his custody. In mean while you obtain Certified copies from concerned sub-registrar office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."