Association is not giving sufficient water & accounts to tenants

Our apartment association is not registered. They have not given accounts from last 3 years, association secretary is not providing sufficient water to all residents, nor he is allowing us to make our own arrangements for water. What legal help can we get? Where to complaint? Can we complain to I.T. department?

Answers (1)

180 votes

Firstly, you should serve the association secretary with a legal notice from a advocate requiring him to resolve the problem of water supply shortage within a time period stipulated in the said legal notice. There are chances that the problem might get solved at this stage only.
If the problem is not solved even consequent to legal notice been served, then you should file a matter for resolution before appropriate Mediation Centre. It is preferable to seek resolution of matter by Mediation Centre because the Court procedure is very time consuming and you will end up wasting your precious time and money.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Landlord/Tenant Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Landlord/Tenant Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."