Wrong position offered. Illegally terminated. What legal action?

My company terminated me without prior notice or a month’s salary. I had an issue with my employer who misled me from the beginning. He gave me the wrong information about the profile I was to handle. He told me it will be a managerial position but it was not. The offer letter says it is a contractual assignment for 3 years, where company can terminate me any time/without assigning any reason with just one months notice/salary and if I want to leave, then I will have to pay last 6 months salary.


There are no teams nor do they have any resources. Later, a guy who I had replaced came back after 5 months of my joining, the company terminated me. My career is ruined now.


What legal action can I take?




You should send a Legal Notice to the organization challenging your termination on unreasonable grounds and claiming either reinstatement or full and final settlement inclusive of the dues.


We would like to inform you that the Court cannot order reinstatement in a private company, so all you can seek from the Court is compensation plus arrears of salary etc.


So now if the organization refuses to pay, then you can file a recovery suit against the organization claiming the damages/compensation for the harassment along with your full and final settlement. 


You have a number of points that run in your favor:


a. Illegal termination: Unjustified.


b. Violation of principles of natural justice: (if you were not given a fair hearing)


c. Misrepresentation of the job profile.


d. Arbitrary terms of employment: Termination clause.


e. Exploitative work culture.


The other points can be added based on more information from your side.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Similar questions

Working in an MNC. Nature of work: Supervisory and administrative ; Sal : above 10000/month. Company wants to terminate saying : performance is poor a…

Read More

What can I do I have filled case against them in labour court after that they called me sending a letter to join me duty within 24 hour after 5 months…

Read More

Dear sir, I am a manager in a MNC. One of my subordinate (contractual employee) drove fork lift without a valid license (Issued by company). Consideri…

Read More

I have workd in a school for 7yr for my 1 pregnancy they gave leave without pay but for 2preg they didn't give bt they assure they will call back …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue