Work done but payment terms not clarified

My employer employed me as a technical supervisor for events, the payment discussion for which was put pending by the employer due to work commitments from their side. apart from technical supervision, I had to do labor work of transportation too for the equipment which was not mentioned, do I have any grounds of benefit?

Answers (4)

189 votes

If you had any contract in writing or if you have any proof of the work done by you,or if you have any kind of documents,receipts or slips which proof your work done by you then you can file a case. Without any proof, no case or action would be maintainable and court cannot consider your claim without any documentary evidence which proves your case but , you may approach trade unions or Labour unions for your satisfaction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

201 votes

If you had any contract in writing or if you have any proof of the workdone by you, then you can file a case. Without any proof, no case or action would be maintainable. So examine your grievance from that perspective.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
333 votes

In order to proceed further in labour and service matters one has to look at the employment contract. Was there any employment contract entered into at the time when you got employed or before that? if there is then one will have to look at the same and give the opinion based on the scrutiny of the same.

284 votes

As per your query there was no agreement or terms and conditions agreed to between you and the employer with respect to work assignment and payment. In absence of any prior understanding you cannot claim as a right to pay you for the extra work done by you. However, if there was oral commitment by your employer and you have sufficient proof of work done by you then you can claim for the same.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles