Whether previous service duration adds to seniority list

Sir, I have joined as assistant teacher at primary school on July 2010. Again after 5 years I have been selected in upper primary school in same department and same district. I would like to know weather my previous service duration will be added in my seniority list or not?

your previous service would be added for counting your length of service, and for pecuniary benefits. But as for as seniority is concerned it would be counted amongst the fellow teachers seniority of new school form the date of joining.

If the selection in upper primary school was by way of transfer, then it would be added to your service. If you have been selected in upper primary school by way of a different examination, your service will be counted from this selection only.