Where to file case if buyer in different country? Payment due from him

I have exported kids garments to one buyer in Mauritius on DA (Documents acceptance) basis of USD 2013. He has accepted the dox in bank & taken the goods & he has confirmed through bank that he will pay the amount after one month. Then again I received a message through the bank that he will pay after another 1 or 2 months. 

He gave us so many dates for payment, but till now, he has not made the payment. I want to file suit against him.

Please tell me, should I file the case in India or in Mauritius. And what about the procedure & charges. & also confirm how much time it will take for to finalise.

Yes you can file a recovery suit against the buyer in India. You have to approach the competent court within whose jurisdiction the cause of action arose and you can file a suit for recovery of the amount of goods. 

Charges shall include payment of court-fees for filing the suit for recovery and professional fee depending upon the Advocate you engage.

Generally such matters take about 12 months to be finally adjudicated.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli