What to do in case of sexual harassment at workplace?

I am working as a web developer at IT company. One of my co-employee asked me to have a physical relationship through text message after office working hours. When I said this to my CEO of the company he said we will threw him, but it will take 4-5 days. but another day, when I said him them I am not able to join office because I am very disturbed. Then they said that, "If you are leaving an office then we will not fire that person who did this to you." I have signed 1.5 years bond with company. There are still 5 months remaning to complete it. They said if you are leaving then I have to pay full or half amount of money. and they also said that it is your personal matter as it did not happened in the office.

Answers (3)

329 votes

You can file FIR with the concerned police station. Give them evidence and keep the original record with you. While lodging for you have to be accurate. There are on prevention of harassment in employment. You will get the justice n the offending person would be punished.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes


As per the Judgment of Hon'ble Apex Court, in every organization there has to be committee of Sexual Harassment, who is supposed to entertain all complaint and take appropriate action in relation to Sexual Harassment at work place. However, personal matter between the employee outside the office premises, which may not fall under sexual harassment and for which you can take appropriate action at your personal level by filing police complaint etc.

Bonds are legal and valid and can be enforced by the Company. In the event you leave the company before the expiry of bond period then normally as per the condition of Bond you are suppose to pay bond amount to the Company. However, this is always subject facts and circumstances of the case and also as per the language of bond agreement. You can send a legal notice to the Company, resigning from the Company on account of unsafe work environment. The company would not be a problem to deal with.

Feel free to contact should you have any questions or need any assistance

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
206 votes

You must give a complaint to the CEO of the company and also intimate in the complaint that if the said person in the company then and that time I am not safe and he may disturb to you so please take first steps against that person then and then I will be joined office

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles