What to do if my company has increased the notice period w/o consent

Hi, I am working in an IT company in Gurgaon. At time of joining the initial offer letter mentions a one month notice period to leave the organisation on which I had given my consent.However they changed the rules without informing and consent from us to 3 mnbths.Infact the registered company name was changed too.Now they are not agreeing to release before 3 months.please advice on next steps.I risk on losing my next job due to this decision

Answers (1)

You can give representation cum notice that as per your initial offer letter photocopy attached with as annexture that you leave job as per notice period stated one month thereafter you can leave. If they retained your pf, dues, Salary etc. you can by filing writ can claim back all..don't bother much it's ur legal Right if company changes its name, rules all this has taken place without your consent unilateral ... Change can take place but they can't change period of notice as being conditions annexed to your letter of appointment.
Retain one copy of your representation with you or it's receipt and your joining letter wherein notice period is stipulated as one month alright... Best of luck!

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
LH House, Bangalore
13 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I left my previous company without serving one months' notice. I agree to pay in lieu of the notice. As per my agreement letter, if m not confirme…

Read More

Hello, I have 3 months notice period which i have signed, but due to some personal issues,i m not able to serve 3 months. i'm ready to serve 2 mon…

Read More

I am working with a Private Technology and Management near Hamidpur Delhi from last three years. Due to harassment and continuous mental torture, I ha…

Read More

Hi, I recently resigned from my company after serving for a month. I am currently under probation (which is 6 months in the Company) and Notice period…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue