×

What to do if my company has increased the notice period w/o consent

Hi, I am working in an IT company in Gurgaon. At time of joining the initial offer letter mentions a one month notice period to leave the organisation on which I had given my consent.However they changed the rules without informing and consent from us to 3 mnbths.Infact the registered company name was changed too.Now they are not agreeing to release before 3 months.please advice on next steps.I risk on losing my next job due to this decision

You can give representation cum notice that as per your initial offer letter photocopy attached with as annexture that you leave job as per notice period stated one month thereafter you can leave. If they retained your pf, dues, Salary etc. you can by filing writ can claim back all..don't bother much it's ur legal Right if company changes its name, rules all this has taken place without your consent unilateral ... Change can take place but they can't change period of notice as being conditions annexed to your letter of appointment.
Retain one copy of your representation with you or it's receipt and your joining letter wherein notice period is stipulated as one month alright... Best of luck!