What to do if employer not paying my dues and I have no agreement

07-Apr-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
I am a freelancer writer. I write scripts for videos and other content related work. The employer has not paid the agreed amount since the last three months. The amount is less than 15,000. There was no agreement and our conversation regarding work, fees and payment happened on WhatsApp and mail. What can I do?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
585 votes
Is 15,000 a monthly salary amount for for the entire work?

Agreement through electronic means is also a valid agreement. Save the whats app chat and try to make him say that he owes money. Then give a legal notice to proceed with criminal action. He may pay up
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
697 votes
The emails are a proof of your communication regarding the agreement to work together. Please send the employer a legal notice through a lawyer and in case he does not respond or is not agreeable to pay your professional fees as decided then you can even file a civil case against the employer in the District Courts.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
973 votes
Dear Client, you can send him a legal notice through counsel and demand payment and costs. Yes messages, emails and whatsapp texts can help in implying that there was a contract. However, if he still does not pay then you can probably sue him for payment, ask for damages for loss of opportunity, costs etc. You can contact for detailed discussion.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."