What to do if employer not paying my dues and I have no agreement

I am a freelancer writer. I write scripts for videos and other content related work. The employer has not paid the agreed amount since the last three months. The amount is less than 15,000. There was no agreement and our conversation regarding work, fees and payment happened on WhatsApp and mail. What can I do?

Dear Client, you can send him a legal notice through counsel and demand payment and costs. Yes messages, emails and whatsapp texts can help in implying that there was a contract. However, if he still does not pay then you can probably sue him for payment, ask for damages for loss of opportunity, costs etc. You can contact for detailed discussion.

The emails are a proof of your communication regarding the agreement to work together. Please send the employer a legal notice through a lawyer and in case he does not respond or is not agreeable to pay your professional fees as decided then you can even file a civil case against the employer in the District Courts.

Is 15,000 a monthly salary amount for for the entire work?

Agreement through electronic means is also a valid agreement. Save the whats app chat and try to make him say that he owes money. Then give a legal notice to proceed with criminal action. He may pay up