What to do if bank is not accepting my resignation

I P.OJOINED PSB 19.09.16 .MY 1ST POSTING WAS PLACE X from which i was transferred to other branch nad joind it on 19.12.16. THERE I REALISED THAT STAFF WERE NOT HELPFUL NEITHER THE MANAGER WAS AND THE BURDEN OF WORK WAS IMMENSE MY MANAGER NEVER TOUGHT ME OR HELPED ME WITH MY WORK.I WAS FED UP OF BANK JOB AND REALISED THIS JOB I CANT DO FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE SO I GAVE MY RESIGNATION LETTER TO MY HRM ON 19.05.17 , THE DATE OF EFFECTIV DATE OF RELIEVING WAS 19.08.2017. SOON AFTER ON 21.06.17 MY MANAGER SRI S. WAS TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER BRANCH. SO I WAS NOW THE BRANCH INCHARGE I CAME TO KNOW ABOUT MANY IRREGULARITIES and frauds IN THE FIELDS WHICH MY MANAGER WAS SEEING.THIS IRREGULARITIES WERE PRESENT EVEN BEFORE I HAD JOINED THE BRANCH. ALSO I CAME TO KNOW THAT SRI S HAS USED PASSWORD OF ALL THE STAFF TO INITIATE TRANSACTIONS, WHILE MY PASSWORD WAS ILLEGALY USED TO AUTHORISE THOSE TRANSACTIONS without my knowledge. my resignation been cancelled tthey say it will take 6 years. plz help me

Do check your appointment letter. There would be a clause of resignation. Invoke the same and tender the notice period amount.
Also inform the bank about the illegalities having been occassioned in the matter to avoid any FIR on you.