×

quesWhat remedy if employer illegally terminates job over phone call?

A private school has arbitrarily asked a teacher not to continue working with them from the next session. My friend is a teacher with a CBSE affiliated private school since 20 years and and the school has informed her on the phone that she will not be continuing with them from the next session.

What legal remedies does she have against this sudden decision of the school? What should be her next steps?

Firstly, send them a legal notice seeking reinstatement to your old job. If the School denies your plea, then you can file a complaint in the Delhi School Tribunal against the School for arbitrary and illegal termination of service. 

Your case is strong as the School has not even given a written communication to you and has merely communicated your termination verbally without giving you due notice and cause for your termination. Moreover, you were not given a fair hearing before terminating your services.

The fact that you have been working for more than 20 years is also in your favor as they shall have to give a valid reason for discontinuing your services. You can pray for reinstatement as well as compensation for the financial loss as well as loss of reputation and mental harassment.

• Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services