quesWhat remedy if employer illegally terminates job over phone call?

A private school has arbitrarily asked a teacher not to continue working with them from the next session. My friend is a teacher with a CBSE affiliated private school since 20 years and and the school has informed her on the phone that she will not be continuing with them from the next session.


What legal remedies does she have against this sudden decision of the school? What should be her next steps?


  • ans


    Firstly, send them a legal notice seeking reinstatement to your old job. If the School denies your plea, then you can file a complaint in the Delhi School Tribunal against the School for arbitrary and illegal termination of service. 


    Your case is strong as the School has not even given a written communication to you and has merely communicated your termination verbally without giving you due notice and cause for your termination. Moreover, you were not given a fair hearing before terminating your services.


    The fact that you have been working for more than 20 years is also in your favor as they shall have to give a valid reason for discontinuing your services. You can pray for reinstatement as well as compensation for the financial loss as well as loss of reputation and mental harassment.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action. 


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

When I am resigning from a private company and not serving the full notice period…

i joined a company 15 days back and signed a service agreement for 1.5 yrs…
I filled an application in university few months back. In advertisement univ conditions are- 1…

I am working in one of the Public Sector Undertaking of Government of India in…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly