What can I do if I am being harassed at my workplace

I female gf in university was harrassed by male regular faculty, took attendance register in custody and cut my signature and put my classes in TT from morning till evening and used abusive words like chirkoot,bhade ke mazdoor etc.I complained to VC and cm portal,now a committee has been formed to make a decision,how should I present the matter

Answers (3)

179 votes

We notice in the absence of effective legislation to contain eve-teasing, normally, complaints are registered under Section 294 or Section 509 IPC. You have to explain the case with each and every detail, all facts must be place before the disciplinary committee. You can go through the sections which I am referring in this article and place them before the disciplinary committee.

The non-penetration sexual assault, under the section 354 of the Penal Code, is punishable with a maximum term of two years imprisonment of either description, or with fine, or with both.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

95 votes

appear before the authorities whenever called upon and tell them the actual facts. Also file a complaint to woman commission regarding the incidents and harassments faced by you. You should also send a copy of the complaint to Mahila Thana of your area

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
91 votes

A proper drafted representation should be filed by you stating the dates and series of events which led to such filing of complaint by you. Present copies of evidences (if any) and keep the copy with yourself also for records.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles