What can be done if the company gives a 1 month's notice

11-Apr-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
I am a permanent employee of a CBSE affiliated school working for last 4 years. I have been verbally terminated from my job giving 1 month notice. What options do i have
Answers (3)

Answer #1
883 votes
Since the job, if you can show, has been terminated without reasons or the reasons assigned Is frivolous, such termination is illegal. Hence immediately write to the employer stating all such grievances through your Learned Lawyer. Also you can lodge a complaint to the Industrial Dispute Trbunal, which may be effective as well. All the best.
Answer #2
823 votes
Your query too lack of basic information to suggest any legal course of action for your relief.Please let me know as to whether any letter of appointment issued to you, monthly pay slips given to you and you are a member of EPF scheme.Without such documents , no specific legal advice can be decided . For further instructions contact lawRato.
Answer #3
590 votes
Please note that verbal notice or verbal termination is inoperative in the Court of Law unless it is admitted by either one of the party in a dispute.
Aside, please find out that whether the person who has given the notice is the authorized person or not?
Therefore just remain calm and silent and do go to the school as usual because verbal notice is not valid. In case the person torture you more just neglect him!!!

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."