What are the consequences if notice period is not served

Sir, I have officially resigned from the company, my resignation wasnt accepted properly and denoting the respond from my employer that in duration of my notice period I cannot take leaves, thats it, nothing much is mentioned. My employer's notice period is 1 month, I have resigned on 9th March and served till 19th March and joined other organisation due to immediate joining. I did not informed the earlier employer regarding my current company. Earlier employer sent the mail afterwards regarding sending me legal notice and informing me regarding legal action. They are asking me the whole month's pay as mentioned in the appointment letter. What I should do?

Your resignation accepted or not is not clarify by you. If resignation accepted then not necessary to fulfill the condition for notice period. You may be in worse position to possibly one month's salary if you are in Permenant employee of the organization and the condition noted in the appointment latter otherwise your responsibility is null.

Sir,

Ideally you will have to pay the amount equivalent to one month's salary, since you have resigned without serving the notice period, which is as per your employment agreement and you are bound by it.