Want to challenge Gujrat government notification. How to proceed?

Gujrat government has passed a notification for a job opening of a Food Inspector but are asking for a experience of 8 years. But as per the Food securities act, there is no such requirement to be a food inspector. I want to challenge the notification. Can i challenge it?

Answers (3)

278 votes

notifications by government can be challenged by filing a writ in high court or supreme court of India. but such matters are policy matters in which the courts has no interference except when the policy wholly unreasonable or unconstitutional in nature in such circumstances court can declare such policy as unconstitutional.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

150 votes

Yes you can challenge it by filing a writ petition under Article 226 of the Constitution of India in the Gujarat High Court. You will have to plead that the requirement of 8 yes experience is violating your fundamental right to earn your livelihood in a legal manner, Also that such a requirement is unconstitutional,without application of mind,ultra vires etc

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
62 votes

If the Gujarat Govt. has passed a notification which you think is arbitrary or unfair then you can challenge it by way of a Writ Petition before the Gujarat High Court. But before you do that you must know that as per the Food Securities Act, the State Govt has powers to make rules with respect to the service conditions of the staff of the District Grievance Redressal Officer and also the staff of the State Food Commission. It is therefore a matter of policy and is in the exclusive domain of the Government. You can however get some relief from the Court if you are able to satisfy the court that the condition of 8 years experience is unfair or arbitrary by showing pari materia legislations where such experience is lower or done away with.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles