Unregistered companies in India & Labour laws

21-Sep-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
Hello,Varsha Do Indian Labour laws, particularly those related to non-payment of salary or FnF, apply to unregistered companies in India? What course of action can be taken against an unregistered company for not paying pending dues to fired employees? What laws are applicable to such companies?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
583 votes
Well, you need to have a basic Employment Contract in place if you want to recover your F & F and other arrears from a Sole Proprietor who terminated you from rendering your services for him. So, if you have such Contract in place, We can send a Notice first to that Employer to recover your pending dues, if notice won't work, We can sue that Employer running Business as a Sole Proprietor.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."