Took services from an organisation. Bad services. How do I get refund?

In Labour & Service Law

A company in Okhla has the name that sounds like an NGO – Indian Health Organization. They contacted me on phone and said that any medical tests that I get done through I will get an 30-50% discount on the regular price. I paid them Rs. 3980 trusting them to be an NGO and the lab they referred me to was in a very bad state with no doctors.

I refused to get the tests done through them and now despite a lot of follow ups they are not refunding my money.

What should I do?

Answers (1)

111 votes

In this case it is recommended that a consumer complaint be filed in the district consumer forum for refund of the money paid and as well as for the damages borne by you (financial and indirect damages like stress, impact on your health, etc.).

It is also recommended that a complaint against the NGO/Lab is filed with the Delhi Medical Council, Delhi Government and local municipal corporation for action against the doctors and the Laboratory for mismanagement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
10 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles