Tax demand from my previous employer what are my legal rights?

Hi My previous employer is demanding that i owe them tax money on the shares of the company that i sold while exiting the organization. They are claiming that they have already deposited the tax amount with the government of India and the same is now due from me. The amount being claimed is several lakhs of rupees. What are my legal options here as they are threatening to initiate legal procedings and blacklist my employment if i dont pay up. Please advise.

Answers (1)

64 votes

ASK Your employer to give complete details of tax , when they paid , what amount they paid on your behalf, what is the tax amount required to be paid by you ..
once they give details check them with your CA so that you can be clear.if they ask something which is against you then ask them to give a legal notice we will comply the notice in legal manner need to worry come back with complete details

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles