Tax demand from my previous employer what are my legal rights?

Hi My previous employer is demanding that i owe them tax money on the shares of the company that i sold while exiting the organization. They are claiming that they have already deposited the tax amount with the government of India and the same is now due from me. The amount being claimed is several lakhs of rupees. What are my legal options here as they are threatening to initiate legal procedings and blacklist my employment if i dont pay up. Please advise.

ASK Your employer to give complete details of tax , when they paid , what amount they paid on your behalf, what is the tax amount required to be paid by you ..
once they give details check them with your CA so that you can be clear.if they ask something which is against you then ask them to give a legal notice we will comply the notice in legal manner ..no need to worry come back with complete details