Suspension due to mistake of a person working under me

I was placed under suspension on 16-08-2016 subject to enquiry. Issued charge sheet at the end of 6 month stating gross negligence in monitoring the duties of team member. I denied the charges and asked to appoint independent arbitrator for enquiry. The Company appointed advocate with out following the rules and regulations , approached high court for appointment of arbitrator but court after one year gave a judgement to attend with the same arbitrator. In the enquiry sought for support of advocate since the matter is serious in nature and being enquired by CBI. Company arbitrator denied and once again approached High Court. When the matter got listed the company sought time and said they will hold the enquiry. Presently it is not getting listed and almost 2 years have gone since suspension. One of my team member working under me delivered the valuation reports to Bank with wrong valuation and escaping. The then management tried to scapegoat me . Kindly advise how to proceed

Answers (1)

320 votes

Surprised how there can be an enquiry by CBI and also by your company.
For early listing you can ask your advocate to make a mention before the High court citing urgency and the high court might hear you. Buy since the matter is pertaining to appointment of arbitrator and if no arbitrator has been appointed or now enquiry has been conducted, you can approach the high court with contempt petition. By filing a contempt, you may get an opportunity for early listing and also that the company might complete enquiry. Please note that you will not succeed in contempt petition, but atleast the company will be forced to commence the enquiry or appoint an arbitrator

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles