Supreme court order in writ petition no 107 OF 2011

Sir I am a hearing impaired loss of 80 decibel and above both ears. Supreme court order in WP No. 107 of 2011 double TA provided by the expenditure deptt to the deaf and dumb employees As per the blind and orthopaedic handicapped persons. Can I got the benefits ...the expenditure deptt has rejected my request for granting me double TA

Answers (2)

204 votes

You will have difficulity in convincing authorities that how double TA is going to be utilised by you.So Chances are less that you will be able to sustain your reasons ,further we can explore few other possiblities of giving some justification.But chances are fifty fifty.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

323 votes

I have examined the Supreme Court Judgment titled "DEAF EMPLOYEES WELFARE ASSOCIATION & ANR .Vs. UNION OF INDIA & ORS." dated 12.12.2013 and I strongly recommend that you file a Writ Petition in the High Court against the Expenditure Department for granting your request because as per the Section 2(l) of the Disabilities Act “Hearing impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies" and you are squarely falling in that category. But I have a small question, in your application to the Expenditure Department did you annex copy of Certificate by Medical Doctor that you suffer hearing loss of 80 decibel and above? In case you didn't then this might be the reason for rejecting your request. But if you did annex Certificate of Medical Doctor then there is no reason to deny double TA to you. The Supreme Court Order is clearly in your favour.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles