Sexual Harassment at workplace. What can i do?

Hi, This is happing since 2 years, Initially My boss used to comment on my attire and looks (all verbal), once i said him No, don't tack to me like this. After that he started discriminating me among other team members, not assigning work, purposefully finding out mistakes and then threatening me for job. Recently he threatened me for the third time, and again he is telling me stories about his good relation with other girls and why only i have problem with him. I complained about him to our top management, they have formed ICC, but i feel everyone is biased as he is top 2nd authority.

Answers (2)

60 votes

We suggest you to wait for ICC committee decision.

Also, send a Legal Notice under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act.

If the decision is not in your favour then you can file a police complaint stating the facts of sexual harassment.

62 votes

Send a Legal Notice under Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act. And thereafter file a complaint. But a final call only be made after knowing the detailed facts and circumstances. What you boss is doing is obviously illegal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles