quesService Termination

Hello, my company is terminating me without any notice. The process for which i used to work for is going back but officially i have not been given any notice nor i have been promised any compensation.

Can i get any legal help to get any compensation as i am aware that there is law as per Section 25.N and 25.F of Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 .

Not sure if i can get benefit under both or one

  • ans

    First of all we would like to know few more things - 

    If you signed any contract of employment before joining the company?

    If so, what were the terms of termination of employment in the contract?

    If there is no provision stating clearly that your employment can be terminated at any time without issuing any notice then ofcourse you can take

    legal recourse. The first step of which will be to send the company a legal notice.

    We would like to know your monthly salary and the designation of your job so that we can clearly determine if you are protected by Industrial Disputes Act or not. 

    Secondly, as far as the Industrial Dispute Act is concerned, we would like to know-

    1. If the company is a industry under section 2(gg)(j) of the Industrial Disputes Act?

    Industry means any systematic activity carried on by co-operation between an employer and his workmen (whether such workmen are employed by such employer directly or by or through any agency, including a contractor) for the production, supply or distribution of goods or services with a view to satisfy human wants or wishes (not being wants or wishes which are merely spiritual or religious in nature), whether or not,

    (i) any capital has been invested for the purpose of carrying on such activity; or

    (ii) such activity is carried on with a motive to make any gain or profit, and includes :

               (a) any activity of the Dock Labour Board established under section 5A of the Dock Workers (Regulation of Employment) Act, 1948                

               (b) any activity relating to the promotion of sales or business or both carried on by an establishment.

                          but does not include

                                 (1) any agricultural operation except where such agricultural operation is carried on in an integrated manner with any other                                         activity and such other activity is the predominant one. 

    2. If you are a workman under section 2(s) of the Industrial Disputes Act?
     Workman means any person (including an apprentice) employed in any industry to do any manual, unskilled, skilled, technical, operational, clerical or supervisory work for hire or reward, whether the terms of employment be express or implied, and for the purposes of any proceeding under this Act in relation to an industrial dispute, includes any such person who has been dismissed, discharged or retrenched in connection with, or as a consequence of, that dispute, or whose dismissal, dischasrge or retrenchment has led to that dispute, but does not include any such person :

                   (i) who is subject to the Air Force Act, 1950, or the Army Act, 1950, or the Navy Act, 1957; or

                   (ii) who is employed in the police service or as an officer or other employee of a prison; or

                   (iii) who is employed mainly in a managerial or administrative capacity; or

                   (iv) who, being employed in a supervisory capacity, draws wages exceeding one thousand six hundred rupees per mensem or                                   exercises, either by the nature of the duties attached to the office or by reason of the powers vested in him, functions mainly of a                       managerial nature. 



  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was working in an e-commerce company for 6 months. They recently terminated stating my…

Dear Sir/Madam i am working as a third party payroll on teamlease last nine years…
*What is the minimum qualification of employees to make claim under W.C Act (example: minimum…
Dear Sir/Madam, I have been terminated by my employer without any notice, i was verbally…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly