Service Certificate, Work Experience letter denied by the employer

The employer forces all new joinees to sign employment contract. I denied signing anything as it was not brought to my notice prior to joining. The employer agreed and stopped following up with me on the matter. I left company after 10 months. They paid me my FNF but refuses to give me service certificate & relieving letter for the clauses mentioned in the employee contract which I never signed and are now forced upon me. Please advise.

Answers (2)

135 votes

very wrong !

the company can not force you to bow down and abide by the agreement which you have not signed and agreed till date.

Please consult any Advocate and send Legal Notice for giving you the Service Certificate and Relieving Letter within 15 days.

I am sure once you send Legal Notice through Advocate, the Company will understand the seriousness and they will comply with your demands.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

234 votes

The contract for the new employees cannot be binding on the old employees unless the old employees have given consent and the terms of the said contract have been brought to their notice.
Thus, the company cannot force you to follow the contract for new employees. You should amicably take this matter for discussion with your HR. If this doesn't work then legal recourse is available.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles