salary settlement issue when a company got shutdown

i worked in consulting company for 10 months. recently it got shutdown with some issues in management and when it comes to settlement of salary they keep on playing with me. they will promise one date and keep on postponing and torturing me mentally. this is happening from months and i don't know what to do. please suggest me something and hope u understand my situation.

Answers (1)

205 votes

if the employer is a Pvt or public limited company, you can file a suit for arrears of salary at civil court or NCLT. Nclt is the preferred mode and you can file as an operational creditor (employees are also creditors of salaries are not paid) under section 9 of insolvency and bankruptcy code. this will be the fastest way to recover your money that too from non functional company

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles