Salary dues not cleared. Can I file case in Hometown?

I am a software engineer. my first company hasnt setteled all my salary dues. my current location is gurgaon and my old company is in chennai.. the only option left i think is to file a court case since the CEO is delaying a lot... i have all the proves like email chat, watsapp only query is can i file a case from kanpur...where my home town...since the cause of action is in chennai...but i cannot go there as it is very i cannot file court case in it possible to file case from my home town kanpur... its also because of my health issue i cannot travel long distance

Answers (1)

455 votes
Sir , case can be filed either at place where cause of action arise or where defeandant has its registered office or head office . Does your company has its registered office at delhi other than chennai ? if yes than you can file case in delhi and you wont have to travel. If no , than you have to initially file case in chennai and than appeal to supreme court to transfer case to state where you are currently residing in your case its gurgaon.So , you cannot file case in kapur.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles