Salary dues as couldn't join back after maternity due to relocation

I work for a Pvt global company, i availed my maternity leaves but had to relocate to another metro in India. I requested the company to allow me remote work but they denied and asked for my resignation. I gave them my resignation and the HR sent me my relieving letter on the same date of my resignation. I have 20 paid leaves remaining but the HR told me since I did not serve my 1 month notice period not get any money in f&f. My question is can they do so because they never asked me to serve notice, also I have the relieving letter from the company of the same date as my resignation?

Answers (1)

288 votes

You will need to go through your offer letter for the same. Usually offer letters mention that either the employee shall serve the notice or make payment in lieu of the notice period. In your case since you had already moved cities a challenge did arise. You can still inform the HR that you were willing to serve the notice and hence the amount should not have been deducted.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles