Salary dues as couldn't join back after maternity due to relocation

I work for a Pvt global company, i availed my maternity leaves but had to relocate to another metro in India. I requested the company to allow me remote work but they denied and asked for my resignation. I gave them my resignation and the HR sent me my relieving letter on the same date of my resignation. I have 20 paid leaves remaining but the HR told me since I did not serve my 1 month notice period not get any money in f&f. My question is can they do so because they never asked me to serve notice, also I have the relieving letter from the company of the same date as my resignation?

You will need to go through your offer letter for the same. Usually offer letters mention that either the employee shall serve the notice or make payment in lieu of the notice period. In your case since you had already moved cities a challenge did arise. You can still inform the HR that you were willing to serve the notice and hence the amount should not have been deducted.