quesSalary disparity with same level colleague.Can i claim the difference?

Do I get my back wages of 14 years? I am a Govt. Employee and came to know recently that all my other colleagues at the same level are drawing a salary of Rs. 28000 per month whereas I am drawing a salary of Rs. 14500.


This difference in salary is since the past 14 years. Is there a way to claim this difference in salary through labor court?

  • ans

    Yes, you can claim your back wages. However, as there is a considerable delay, you might have to explain the reasons for the same. Please let us know in which Govt. department and in what capacity you are working. Are you a permanent or a temporary employee? 


    What is the documentary evidence you have regarding the disparity in your and your colleagues' salaries? Post knowing these details and your location of employment, the jurisdiction of court can be decided.


    Also, you may have to make a representation to the department in writing initially, post which if you do not get relief,  legal recourse can be availed.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

1) My father was manager in 'The Bank Of Rajasthan Ltd'. This is a private…
Can a MNC company terminates the probation while manager is in sick leave
I had worked as typist at idar branch of lic since 21/7/84 to15/10/84. 90 day.i…
is contract labour regulation and abolistion act 1970 applicable on ca firm or ca organisations…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly