Salary Delayed and Discrepancy

My mother was working as a Teacher with an NGO and salary decided was 15000 per month. After every month the employer paid 5000 per month for 3 months. After that they stopped paying. So salary was outstanding for 2 months and 10 days, but they paid 7000 in total and now they say that they have decided 7000 per month salary for every teacher and they will pay as per that. They deducted 7000 for allowance which is unreasonable deduction. The boss says that do whatever want to do, take this or leave. Please suggest what can be done. Note: There is no proof available of the decided salary and there is no salary slips provided as well. No documentation of Employment to be exact.

Answers (1)

288 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Since there is no documentation it will be difficult to demand pending salary?
2. Was the salary in cash?
3. Was the salary by direct bank transfer?
4. If you have some document to show salary was being paid through any medium then you may stand a chance;
5. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles