Salary being with held by the company no written proof of communicatio

I submitted my resignation letter on the 17th of April,2017 and was accepted on the same day. Also on a telephonic conversation that I had with my HOD, I was given two options : 1- I could be relieved immediately and would have to pay the company a months salary and 2- I could work for the rest of the month and I would be paid my salary for the month. I completed the month there and handed over all the assets. I tried getting in touch with my HOD from the 2nd week of may but he'd always be busy. Finally when I got in touch with him on the 15th of may, I was informed that the company had taken a decision to with hold my salary due to various reasons which would be communicated to me over my personal mail id. Now, I know that i do not have a written proof of the communication we had but also there was no mention that my salary would be with held by the company in the acknowledgement of my resignation letter. Please advise how I could get back at them .

Answers (1)

344 votes

Did you enter into an employment contract with your employer? If yes, then do share the details because it would contain a clause regarding resignation and payment of salary in lieu of notice period. If not, then you should immediately send a legal notice to your employer and demand payment of your dues and if your company then fails to pay then you can approach the appropriate labour court for redressal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles