Resigned from company for inhuman treatment. How to recover my dues?

My company is not paying my dues. I left my job on 23rd Jan 2014 because of some inhumanely things that I saw that were happening in the company. That company had their salary cycle from 15 to 15. I joined them on 3 Dec 2013 and so as per this cycle I was paid my first salary for only first 10 days.


Also I have my resignation letter signed stating that they will pay me my salary fro 15 Dec to 15 Jan as my full and final settlement. They told me it would be done by 31st Jan but till date they have not made any payments.


They are saying that I am spreading a bad name abt their company which I am not.


Please help me.




The course of recovery of your employment dues depends on the nature of job you were rendering. If it was clerical in nature, the Industrial Disputes Act would be applicable and you can get the desired relief in the labour court. 


You must file a written complaint with the local labour commissioner who will further take up the matter with the concerned company for payment of the money due to you.


On the other hand, if your job was of a supervisory nature, you have to give a Legal Notice to the management for payment of financial dues, which include salary arrears, leave encashment etc.


If the management does not respond positively or does not pay in the stipulated time of 15 days, you may file a Civil suit for recovery of financial dues in the relevant Civil court by paying the relevant court fee. Any documentary evidence like communication at the time of resignation will be beneficial and support your cause / case.


In case you are not governed by the specific labour laws, the additional remedy available with you is to prefer a police complaint with Local Police station against the company and its officers.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

I was working in a startup for last 1 year, initially everything is good but after 6 months our salary is getting delayed first time its 10 days , the…

Read More

I am a freelancer writer. I write scripts for videos and other content related work. The employer has not paid the agreed amount since the last three …

Read More

i used to work at bpo named caerus it solution...the company got in some financial had three they were not able to pay ou…

Read More

I worked with a Reg.Manager from 1st Feb.15 to 5th May,15 at a monthly salary of 40k.Since the Co.took plea of financial prob. and paid …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue