Remedy on termination of employment before the notice period expires

My appointment letter with my employer states "The company may terminate your employment by giving you a notice period of 1 month". However, they have only given me a notice period of 10 days and are asking me to accept 10th day as my last working day. There has never been any perform ace related issues. Reason for termination is that the client has taken the project away. 1) Can I ask the company to pay me for remaining 20 days salary? 2) can they mess up my experience and relieving letter?

Answers (2)

127 votes


Company is bound to compensate you in respect of mental harrasment alongwith one month salary. Further it is your right to get experience certificate while acknowledging your work. In case they don't provide you the above, please ask me i will issue a legal notice.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

Of course you can ask to give remaining 20 days salary. It's ur right as per appointment letter. If the company hesitating to give u that much amount and force u to resign then u can opt court case bcoz company is breaching agreement here

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles