Regarding maternity benefits in private company

Company is denying to give 6 months leave and also payment during maternity leave saying it can't afford, what should I do ?

Contact the HR Department: See if there is a grievance policy

Legal notice to the employer: You can consult an employment and labour lawyer in India and send a legal notice to your employer regarding the denial of your maternity benefit.

Approach the Labour Court:You can hire an employment and labour lawyer in India to file a case against your employer in a Labour Court.

An employer who denies a woman employee’s maternity benefit claim in India can be punished with imprisonment for up to 3 months, fine for up to Rs. 5000, or both. If your employer has dismissed or discharged you from service, he can be punished with imprisonment for 3-12 months.