×

quesrefused job as quota changed from OBC to general

I gave the entrance for a Govt. job and cleared all the rounds including the physical tests and got the joining letter. All this while i was covered under the OBC quota however, when i went to join the organization by that time my status was changed to general category due to some changes in Govt. policy. I was refused the job stating that I am no longer under the OBC quota. Can I challenge this?

Yes. A writ petition  of Mandamus is maintainable before the High Court.

A writ is an order from the court in the nature of directions where any fundamental right is violated. In your case you have been denied right to profession and equality. There is unreasonable discrimination against you.

• ansYes. A writ petition of Mandamus is maintainable before the High Court.

Advocate Ashima Puri

Saket District Court, Delhi

• Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services