Recovery of passport & pending dues from employer

02-May-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
Delhi based employers kept my passport in there custody since December 2015. My salary $4125/_ is also due . Neither he returned my passport nor reimbursed my salary despite requested them frequently .how can I retrieve it. Plz.advice me.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
856 votes
Please immediately file an FIR against the employer, handover the documents to the police you have to show your employee relation with the accused. Also submit emails if any addressed by you to the accused asking for your dues most importantly your passport.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
618 votes
Hi they cannot retained any of ur original documents. U can ask to return all original documents. Otherwise file a criminal case of illegal possessed of ur passport., Passport is the property of president of india .
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
837 votes
Confiscating somebody's passport, for any reason, is illegal in India. Therefore, you can retrieve your passport by registering an FIR, and pursuing with police authorities. If that fails, file a criminal case.
You can get your dues of $4125 by filing a civil case, and also registering a case of fraud, cheating, etc.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."