Received offer letter but offer kept on hold what can I do

I got job offer letter from one of the leading and popular software company. I received offer letter through e-mail. I was very happy and immediately stared preparing for accepting the offer. I did not send offer letter acceptance reply as I thought I will first resign my current job and then put formal acceptance mail. Next day I spoke to my boss about resigning my current job and boss was unhappy about my decision. I did not send any resignation email yet. I was about to send offer letter acceptance mail, I got call from HR stating that my offer is on hold. No update so far even after 10 day

In case you have not accepted the offer letter, there is no contract between you and the company. Your service in the private company is governed by the employment contract. When there is no contract between the company and you, you cannot take any legal action against the company.