Provision of night allowances for contractual workers

Please let me know the contractual worker in indian railway service (seeping and clenning) are eligible for Night Allowances? If yes then what is the provision and percentage of Minimum wages.

The Minimum Wages Act 1948 provides for the minimum wages for all service in India, it provides schedules, all employer including the Government have to abide by such law. Indian Railway Establishment Manual recognizes night duty allowances, moreover, Indian Railways various Establishment (P&A) Circulars, e.g. E(P&A)II-2016/H.W.1 dated 09.06.2016 provides Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.01.2016, E(P&A)II-2015/HW-1dated 23.11.2015 provides Rates of Night Duty Allowance w.e.f. 01.07.2015 vide Ref No.149, and many other circular provide and recognize the same. You shall have to make demand of justice to authorities concerned if the same remain unanswered, you shall have to approach the Court. All the best. Regards

Legally night shift allowance can't be claimed in your case.However, if your employer (contractor) is bounded by any current settlement under the Industrial Disputes Act 1947 to this effect and you are a covered workman under such settlement, you are eligible to receive all benefits agreed upon under such settlement.Please check the position and act accordingly.For further instructions contact lawRato.